I come across a lot of artist who I will say have the drive, motivation, commitment, and everything an artist needs to succeed, except a one thing; a strategy. You don’t have to worry about this if you have a manager (a good one), or a team of designated individuals working together for/with you. We all know there’s a whole a lot of different aspects and things you need to do to set yourself apart from the millions of musicians in your genre! Now remember, this is not a competition but at the same time setting yourself apart and being unique is the goal, right? Well, what I often see is artists who actually have some really great tactics but that’s just it. They’re just tactics! Getting all the tactics to work together cohesively to form a strategy to achieve your goals is the key.
This is what I mean. Don’t just record a track and post it on social media. If it’s not a single or a track your meaning to ‘get out there’, then go ahead. If that’s not the case and this is meant to be a single/EP/Album then you need to have a strategy around releasing it. There are so many ways to release a single or projects.
A Great Example Of A Strategy For Releasing An Album;
- Choose 1 to 3 (your choice) of your tops tracks from your album as a single.
- Post single cover around. Change all your social media profiles to your cover. Share it with your friends, fans, family, and email list if you have one.
- Post video preview on youtube and all other music sites. Again, share it with your friends, fans, family, social media blasts, your mailing list. Set FB event for the video release. Get PR ready for the release.
- Release the official video. Send your press release and links to your PR (if you have one), if not then you need to be stacking a list of bloggers, magazines, and industry contacts that you will send this to.
- I highly recommend a PR because a good one will get your video out there and get a lot of engagement on it. Publicity begets publicity.
- Now take that video which should by now have a lot of views, if done right and add it to your EPK. Now you can send that out to any opportunities you might be looking for. Or going after.
That right there people, is an amazing example of tactics being formed into a strategy to help reach a predetermined goal. Exercise this and you shall set yourself apart from the millions of musicians out there. To connect with me for more help or advice, go to my website https://www.MrGblaze.com . Check out the video for my new single “Mi EveryTing” while you on there.
Watch New Video On Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgCJKj8WTz8